Maintaining good personal hygiene is a very important aspect of one’s life. Failing to do so can result in one facing various health complications. One such complication is a Fungal Ingrown Nail. An ingrown toenail is one which starts growing into the skin around the toenail. It is mainly caused due to the improper cutting of the nail and at times due to wearing footwear that is not made to the fit of one’s feet and is too tight. Firstly, it can cause some serious discomfort to the person affected by it and secondly, it can further cause some serious issues such as infections and if left unattended for a long time can require surgical removal which can be painful.
Steps to remove a fungal ingrown nail –
- Put the foot affected by the ingrown nail in a bucket of warm water with some salt for a few minutes which will help soften the nail and skin around it making it easier to cut and at the same time is a good fungus hack.
- After soaking your foot for a while, take it out of the water and wipe it with a towel.
- Now take a nail-cutter and gently slide it under the affected toenail while pulling the skin on the side making it easier for the cutter to find its way.
- Gently cut the nail while making sure not to hurt the skin around at the same time.
- Press and check whether any more of the nail is left to be cut.
- Once sure, wash the affected area with antiseptic soap to prevent any infections.
- Apply some antiseptic lotion and let it air-dry.
As they say “Prevention is better than cure”, one should always try to prevent an issue before it becomes difficult to control.